Sunday, 27 March 2011
Friday, 25 March 2011
Saying that, now that Spring is upon us, I will hopefully be able to get some nice outdoorsy outfit posts up for you. I'm making a solemn promise here that there will be more decent outfit posts in the near future. AMEN.
But in the mean time, here ya go...
Saturday, 19 March 2011
Saturday, 12 March 2011
To enter you need to answer the below question in the form of a blog-post on your own blog. You then need to tweet the link to @yummyhair (so Aussie know where to find it!). Don't forget to tweet it at them, or they will never know!
Winners will be chosen by the Uncover Aussie team based on the most creative response that reflects the Aussie spirit. This means videos, pictures, stories or even songs can be their blog post entry – just as long as you answer this question...
“Put a spring in your spring! Tell us, how would you lighten up your life?
As promised in my last blog - my MAC eyeshadow collection post. Shamefully, I don't use nearly half of these eyeshadows. The problem is, I've found a colour that I truely love, and I wear it every single day with other colours to compliment it. Trouble is, it's a limited edition colour. So now I have to turn to Ebay. *sigh*
So here we have my neutral pallett. It was full up before, but I decided to take the "not so neutrals" out and put them into a quad. The majority of eyeshadows contained in this pallett are the ones I reach for the most out of all the MAC eyeshadows I have.
- Dazzlelight;; neutral with silver/copper reflects.
- Retrospek;; bare champagne shimmer.
- All That Glitters;; midtone beige with gold reflects.
- Style Snob;; Discontionued from the "Love That Look" collection;; dirty pink/brown with gold pearl.
- Honey Lust;;bronzed dipped peach.
- Woodwinked;; warm antiqued gold.
- Satin Taupe;; taupe brown with silvery bronze.
- Tempting;; Sinfully rich coco.
- Sable;; muted golden plum brown with bronze shimmer.
- Twinks;; dirty plum with gold reflects.
Here in this quad are the darker colours I own, the backened/smokey eye kind of colours. I very occassionally will go for a touch of Beauty Marked or Black Tied in a look, but these aren't used very often
- Smoke & Diamonds;; Discontionued from the "Love That Look" collection;; dirty dark grey.
- Top Knot;; Discontinued from the "Blonde, Brunette, Redhead" collection;; deep black purple with multi reflects.
- Beauty Marked;; a deep blackened red with sparkle twighlight effect.
- Black Tied;; a midnight black with a silver white sparkle.
- Grand Entrance;; absolute favourite eyeshadow, EVERRR! Discontinued from the "Love That Look" collection;; cool apricot beige.
- Ego;; Discontinued from the "Starflash" collection;; baby pink with frost shimmer. (I never use this.
- Et Tu Bouquet?;; Discontinued from the "A Rose Romance" collection;; soft frosted pink.
- Hush;; Soft peach duochrome with pink opalescent shimmer.
- Femme Fi;; Discontinued from the "Neo Sci-fi" & "Blonde, Brunette, Redhead" collection;; frosty golden cream.
- Love Stone;; Discontinued from the "Flashtronic" collection;; Mineralised plum.
- Glamour Check;; Discontinued from the "Love That Look" collection;; reddish brown.
- Falling Star;; rich reddish brown.
- Star Violet;; earth touched, pinky brown plum fusion.
- Bold & Brazen;; Discontinued from the "Love Lace" collection;; soft copper.
- Cork;; muted golden brown.
- Mulch;; intense golden reddish brown flecked with golden bronze shimmer.
- Hypnotizing;; Discontinued from the "Love Lace" collection;; frosted grey mauve.
- Satellite Dreams;; dirty deep plum with violet/blue reflects.
So that's it, that's my collection...and my top five?
Grand Entrance, Woodwinked, Sable, Twinks & Satin Taupe.
I hope you enjoyed my MAC collection and that it heped if you are looking into getting any eyeshadows yourselves.
Friday, 11 March 2011
Today boredom struck as I don't start my new job until Monday, so I decided to have a tidy/clean up/clear out of my make up. Whilst doing this I thought "why don't I take some photos and do a collection post?" So that my lovlies is what I did.
My make up is stored in my dressing table. I'm lucky enough to have 6 drawers in my dressing table that are all pretty roomy. While I dedicate two of these drawers to make up, they also store my nail polishes, hair products and tools, accessories and a token "crap" drawer.
So here is my first drawer. This is home to all my facial products such as moisturisers, primers, foundations, concealers, pressed powders, loose powders, bronzers, blushers and highlighters.
Thursday, 10 March 2011
I absolutely love it, and can't wait to use it and give my trusty Louis Vuitton Speedy 35 a well deserved break as it's been used constantly since I got it for my birthday last September.
On to the contents...
- Sunglasses & case, both River Island
- Makeup bag, Barbie @ New Look
- Travel pass holder, Cath Kidston
- Hair brush
- Batiste dry shampoo, travel size
- Sure deodorant
- Barbie Mirror
- Dolly umbrella, Octopus
- Pocket Filofax
- House keys
- Car keys
- Chewing gum
- Ted Baker purse
- Sony Digital Camera
I hope you enjoyed the little insight into what I keep in my handbag, obviously I might not carry all of these items with me everywhere. It is all dependant on where I'm off to.
The content of this particular bag would be my "work" content bag.