Wednesday 15 July 2009

Jumping on the bandwagon

Hi ladies,

I'm excited to say that the postman bought me a parcel today, a bottle if St. Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse. Yes I realise I am a little late with this one (as usual), but they don't have it in my TK Maxx or TJ Hughes and I don't have a Home Bargains near me. Nightmare! So I had to turn to good old ebay. I found a new seller on ebay, selling them at a starting price of £4.50 (which is what I paid) and £1.75 postage, so not bad. Obviously you're paying slightly more than you would in one of the stores, as they retail for £2.99 but it's better than some of the prices I've seen on ebay or Amazon (they are sold out on Amazon by the way). The seller's link is here


I can't wait to test this out, I've heard amazing things about it thanks to you ladies. And I'm looking pretty pale at the moment, yes it's official, any colour I had from Egypt is long gone :( I opened up the bottle and had a whiff, and it actually smells really nice! I'm expecting that biscuit smell the next morning though, afterall what fake tan doesn't smell? 

I recently tested out the St. Tropez Everyday, which seemed okay when first applied, and gave me a decent glow, but I started to go patchy after about 5 days and with other tanners it's usually at least a week in my experience. And when I say patchy, it was really bad. I looked like I had scales on my legs! 

The St. Moriz says to apply and then re-apply in 5 to 7 days for a mid tan or re-apply in 3 to 5 days for a dark tan. I need to be tanned for this weekend as it's my boyfriends birthday and we're having a big night out in the West End on Saturday night, so I'm thinking I'll do the tan tomorrow night (Thursday), see how it turns out on Friday, and that gives me a day to add more if need be? 

Any of you that have used this product...how many days did you find it lasted before fading or going patchy? 

Loves,
xoxox

5 comments:

  1. Yay! No products are so exciting! I can't wait to hear how it works out for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope it doesn't go patchy! Well, once you try it i'd love to hear how it works. Hey, check my blog out: www.nikolemylifemystyle.blogspot.com
    Hope you can join! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get the scaley thing too sometimes.. Maybe it's becouse the mouse isn't as moisturizing, even a little drying... Just get a good moisturizer! It'll help make your tan last longer!

    just did a blog post about this! check it outt ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh i want this stuff sooooo bad!! too bad i live in US grr

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me :)