Saturday 13 November 2010

Review: Eyeko Fat Balm & Liptastik

New Eyeko Fat Balms and Liptastiks are now for sale on the Eyeko website, but they're limited edition, so be quick!

What Eyeko say...
Does my balm look big in this? Cult classic Eyeko Fat Balm is back and better than ever.
Limited Edition.
Slicks of juicy colour infused with light reflecting particles, moisturising Jojoba and added SPF 15 make for fuller, softer, sexier lips. Add a hint of colour and shine as you protect and hydrate your kisser. Dab on to cheeks for a touch of blush. Mineral oi and lanolin free.
I received the Toffee Fat Balm, but they alsp come in strawberry, raspberry, minty, cherry and frosting, and are all readily available at Eyeko for £6

*****

Following fashions trend for bold lips is easy with Eyeko Liptastik Glossy Lip Pen. Just Line and fill in one easy sweep for liner, colour and gloss all in one. Available in two must-have shades featuring a fresh fruity fragrance and added gloss for luxe lips.

I received the Liptastik in Loud Mouth, a hot sexy pink. It is also available on the site in lip lover, which is a bold, on-trend red. They cost £6.50

Top: Loud Mouth Liptastik
Bottom: Toffee Fat Balm

I was nervous when I saw the colour of Toffee Fat Balm, and was thinking, 'this is so dark, I wish I had got a lighter colour', but when reading the ever so cute ang girly packaging that is so typical of Eyeko, my mind was eased a tad.

Candy-liscious nude shade with light reflecting particles.

It came out a lot lighter than I had first anticipated when I saw the colour in the tube, and the light reflecting particles make it look really glossy once on the lips.

The only thing I will say is that I found it a bit tricky to apply, as I have really thin lips, and the fat balm is so, well fat. But then at least that means you get a lot of product, so it's not really a problem, and any excess that goes on the skin around my lips can easily be wiped off.

I can't wait to try the other shades, especially strawberry, which is Eyeko's best seller and the minty one too.

:: Loud Mouth Liptastik ::
Yet again, this colour scared me, I don't really do bright colours on my lips, it's either a nude or a light pink, the bravest I've got is MAC's Viva Glam GaGa.

However, once on my lips, I did quite like it, it's different, and I think with quite natural eyes and face this colour would look absolutely beautiful.

The Liptastik went on like an absolute dream, it was silky soft and smells delicious. Really easy and quick to apply. I left it on as I write this blog, and my lips feel totally moisturised, something which is really important, especially at this time of year.

The packaging is adorable with it's sleek gunmetal tube and baby pink writing and I'd say you get about half a tubes worth of product.

I don't think I'd try the Liptastik in the red colour, but would be really happy if they brought out some other shades.
Loves,

5 comments:

  1. I've got the Fat Balm in Cherry, it's super duper scrummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Loud Mouth Liptastik suits ya nicely...Not sure why you afraid of bright lipstick you should work it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog via laurens dressing room. Your blog is so cute and girly and your jewellery is lovely! Its nice to see pretty pieces that don't cost loads :)


    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! Will check into these

    ReplyDelete
  5. Think I want a fat balm I keep reading about them x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me :)